Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Morning!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! It's Christmas morning and boy do miracles really happen. My lil one went to bed last night after fighting at 102.5 temp all day and woke up perfectly fine! 98.5 degrees and feeling great! She said "I wished for Santa to make me all better for Christmas" and she got exactly what we all wanted. This year I felt like I went a little overboard on her presents. I thought I was done spending at by $150 max on Black Friday but I wasn't so good. This is the first year since shes been born I've had an extra money to imagine splurging a little, and believe me, shes had a hard year so I think she deserves it. I wrapped the presents diligently and left them under the tree, filled her stockings and smiled at myself knowing I made all her Christmas Dreams come true. Her Santa list this year was:
1. Anna & Elsa Dolls(the 21" stuffed ones- easy to get from Disney since the movie was huge)
2. Wreck it Ralph Stuffy(Not so easy to get.... the movie was a pretty big flop & they stopped making the toys in May... thank goodness for ebay)
3. Inkoos(Easy... done)
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT- Fur Real Snuggimals Kitten(I love when her most important present cost $7)
5. Bubble Bath(okey dokey)
6. American Girl Kit Doll(WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT????)
The last one was an add on about a week after Christmas when our mail came & there it was, the catalogue. My daughter has had an american girl doll(that was mine) since she was 2. I buy it one outfit a year and we're good to go... but not anymore. Little one has apparently inherited my obsession with AG dolls. Upon this addition to her list, I promptly told her she already had 5 items on her list(the max I allow) and that Santa might not be able to add another toy. Her little eyes just sank.... I let it go a few days until she said to my out of the blue one morning at breakfast "If Santa can't bring me the Kit Doll can I use my moneys to buy it???" Oh right then & there I was on a mission, and with the help of some amazing people, I was able to find a gently used & totally restored Kit Doll for about 3/4 the price. Add a box and we were good to go.

When she woke up this morning and got us up she was a ball of energy.... my peanut was back in action. And when she finished opening her Santa presents she said "Mommy I got everything I ever wanted in my whole life" and that was the only Christmas present I wished for.

No comments:

Post a Comment